Search Crew Finds Body Of Man Who Went Missing At Lake Powell In 2018
BULLFROG, Utah – A search crew located the body of a man believed to have drowned in Lake Powell in September 2018, according to the Kan County Sheriff’s Office.
In a statement, authorities said the crew recovered the body of Daniel Patrick McGuckin, 41, of Avon, Colorado, who has been missing and presumed dead since he jumped off a houseboat. He was not wearing a life jacket.
Teams were unable to locate McGuckin at the time.
McGuckin’s family recently contacted a team of experts in underwater search and rescue. Gene and Sandy Ralston, of Idaho, were able to locate McGuckin’s body using their boat equipped with side scan sonar and an underwater remotely operated vehicle, authorities said. Using the GPS data from the houseboat , the Ralsons were able to locate the body in a “matter of minutes.”
McGuckin was located at a depth of 322 feet. His body was transported to the Utah State Medical Examiner’s Office for further investigation.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)