Fire Damages Ogden latter-day Saint Church, Officials Say
OGDEN, Utah — Fire crews are investigating a blaze that damaged a meeting house of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Ogden on Friday morning.
There were no injuries in the fire, which happened about 10:35 a.m. at the church building at 550 E. 900 North, according to a news release from the Ogden Fire Department.
Firefighters saw smoke when they arrived at the building and put out the fire, which was isolated to one wing of the building, according to the news release. No one was in the building at the time.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. Officials estimate the damage at about $40,000, according to the release.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 8768)
- Get Gephardt: Husband sued for deceased wife’s unpaid medical bill - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6320)
- Judge calls Orem mayor 'lynchpin' in fraud case, orders him and son to pay $1M (pageviews: 5012)
- NB I-15 reopens following crash, massive oil spill in Draper - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4958)
- NB I-15 closed in Draper following multi-car crash, oil spill (pageviews: 4861)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4639)