Suspect In Lueck Homicide Was Previously Accused Of Rape
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A northern Utah police department said it investigated a rape allegation five years ago against a man suspected of killing a Salt Lake City college student, but say the alleged victim declined to pursue charges.
North Park Police said in a news release Friday that the alleged victim was an adult woman. The agency said Ayoola A. Ajayi lived in the North Logan area from 2013-2015.
Police declined to provide additional details about the allegation.
Ajayi attended Utah State University that is located nearby on and off during the years he lived in that community.
Ajayi was arrested Friday on suspicion of murder, kidnapping, obstruction of justice and desecration of a body.
The suspect attended Utah State University on and off for seven years, but did not earn a degree.
University spokesman Tim Vitale said Friday that Ajayi was a student at the college three separate times from 2009-2016. He didn’t pick a major.
Utah Army National Guard Major David Gibb said Ajayi, now 31, also served in the Utah Army National Guard for six months, but did not complete basic training and was discharged in June 2015.
Ajayi’s LinkedIn page said he has worked in information technology for several companies including Dell and Goldman Sachs.
Ajayi was arrested earlier in the day on suspicion of murder and kidnapping in the case of 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck, who went missing June 17.
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 9790)
- 'He Was So Caring': Family Remembers Teen Killed In Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 7246)
- Several Park Goers Concerned About Capacity At Lagoon (pageviews: 6967)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 6784)
- Surveillance Photos Show Missing Teen With Man, Woman (pageviews: 6331)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 5538)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 4778)
- Idaho Police Seeking Public's Help In Locating Missing Park City Hiker (pageviews: 2972)
- COVID-19 Impacting Snow Removal In Woodland Hills (pageviews: 2872)