Suspect In Lueck Homicide Was Previously Accused Of Rape
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A northern Utah police department said it investigated a rape allegation five years ago against a man suspected of killing a Salt Lake City college student, but say the alleged victim declined to pursue charges.
North Park Police said in a news release Friday that the alleged victim was an adult woman. The agency said Ayoola A. Ajayi lived in the North Logan area from 2013-2015.
Police declined to provide additional details about the allegation.
Ajayi attended Utah State University that is located nearby on and off during the years he lived in that community.
Ajayi was arrested Friday on suspicion of murder, kidnapping, obstruction of justice and desecration of a body.
The suspect attended Utah State University on and off for seven years, but did not earn a degree.
University spokesman Tim Vitale said Friday that Ajayi was a student at the college three separate times from 2009-2016. He didn’t pick a major.
Utah Army National Guard Major David Gibb said Ajayi, now 31, also served in the Utah Army National Guard for six months, but did not complete basic training and was discharged in June 2015.
Ajayi’s LinkedIn page said he has worked in information technology for several companies including Dell and Goldman Sachs.
Ajayi was arrested earlier in the day on suspicion of murder and kidnapping in the case of 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck, who went missing June 17.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)