Family of Nine Keeps a Positive Outlook After Being Displaced by House Fire
HERRIMAN, Utah – Even though they have lost nearly everything they own, the Farnsworth family is keeping a positive outlook.
“It’s kind of a fresh start for us because now I can focus on what matters,” Jessica Farnsworth said.
The family of nine was home Saturday afternoon, getting ready for a camping trip, when one of their children spotted a fast-moving fire by the home’s shed.
Firefighters quickly arrived at the home near 6203 W 13900 S but the flames had already spread to the home.
“I come running out and I see the fire, run back and gathered all the kids and the dog and we took off,” Jessica said.
All lives were accounted for but they said it was devastating to watch their forever home go up in flames. The family is grateful they were all able to get out in time.
“Our home is where ever we are and where our kids are and that’s what matters,” Jessica said.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. The home is total loss but the family isn’t giving up on it.
“I can rebuild from this you know,” Jeremy said. “There is a future here with us and a home here that we can come back to.”
The family said they were grateful the community has stepped into help them. Friends have set up a GoFundMe account to assist with the family’s finances.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)