West Jordan Officer Injured After Motorcycle Collision
WEST JORDAN, Utah – An officer from the West Jordan Police Department was injured after a collision between his motorcycle and an SUV Wednesday.
The accident happened shortly before Noon along 9000 South and Bangerter Highway. Sergeant J.C. Holt of the West Jordan Police Department said there were two officers on motorcycle patrol in the area. He said he was initially told the officers were lane filtering at the intersection, although he was still working to confirm that. Lane filtering became legal in Utah in May. Holt said there was a collision between one of the motorcycles and an SUV at the stoplight. It was unclear which vehicle struck the other.
Jenny Perfili said the accident happened right in front of her. She said she was in the left turn lane and the motorcycles were between the turn lane and the straight lane.
“He went into her Sequoia, at that time, he tried to recover it, but then he hit the car that was next to her in the straight lane that was just still and that’s when he lost control of it and he toppled off the bike, flew in front of my car. I had to slam on the brakes,” Perfili said.
Perfili said she run to the officer to help.
“I had saw his head hit the pavement and so at that point, I immediately was scared for him. I jumped out of the car and went over to him. Initially he wasn’t talking and he had blood coming from his mouth and so I just immediately told somebody to call 911 and another lady came over too and we were both just talking to him, trying to keep him awake,” Perfili said.
The other officer realized what had happened and turned back to help. First responders rushed the officer to the hospital to be checked out. He was released Wednesday afternoon.
South Jordan Police will investigate the crash since it involved an officer from the West Jordan Police Department.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)