UHP Vehicle Hit By Truck As Trooper Responds To Separate Crash
PARLEY’S CANYON, Utah – One woman was in critical condition and a Utah Highway Patrol trooper was injured Sunday when a truck carrying a trailer rolled into the trooper’s car.
The crash happened around 7:30 p.m. The trooper was investigating a previous crash on westbound I-80 at mile marker 137 when the truck went over the top of the trooper’s car and the driver of the truck was ejected, troopers said. She was flown to an area hospital.
Officials said a person involved from the previous crash was in the trooper’s car at the time and had to be extricated by fire personnel. That person suffered non-life threatening injuries.
The trooper was taken to an area hospital to be evaluated for injuries.
Authorities stress the importance of moving over to the next lane when there are emergency vehicles on the side of a highway. Changing lanes to accommodate those vehicles is the law.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)