Person Arrested For DUI After Car Hits Power Pole, Starts Fire In Midvale
MIDVALE, Utah – More than 7,000 Rocky Mountain Power customers were without power in the Midvale area Monday morning after an SUV ran into another vehicle, causing it to crash into a power pole.
The collision caused power lines to fall, which caused a small fire. The person in the SUV then fled the scene, police said.
According to Unified Fire, a car struck a power pole at near 800 West and 8000 South shortly before 6 a.m., which caused power lines to come down. A small fire started and was quickly extinguished by fire crews.
Preston Reed, 22, was arrested on suspicion of DUI in connection to the hit-and-run, according to Unified Police.
The outage affected traffic signals on State Street and surrounding roads, the KSL Traffic Center reported.
Pumps in the area were temporarily disabled due to the power outage, and brief flooding occurred on 8000 South under the I-15 overpass.
Authorities said 8000 South from Oak Street to 700 West will be closed until 11 a.m. Monday.
KSL.com’s Linda Williams contributed to this report.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)