Man Charged With Murder Of Woman After Camping Trip
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Nephi man has been charged with the murder of a woman whose naked body was found on a hillside in western Utah.
The Deseret News reports that 43-year-old Cody Alexander Young was charged Monday at a court in Juab County with manslaughter, a second-degree felony and tampering with evidence.
It was unclear Monday if he has a lawyer.
In October authorities found the body of 64-year-old Jan Pearson-Jenkins about a mile from where Young and Pearson-Jenkins are believed to have gone camping Oct. 4. Police say they were in “somewhat” of a relationship.
Pearson-Jenkins’ brother Jace Pearson told authorities Young sent him text messages the next day saying he and the woman had been in an argument and he allegedly left her in the Silver City/Eureka area.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)