NBC’s Lester Holt To Get Walter Cronkite Journalism Award
PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona State University is awarding its 2019 Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism to Lester Holt, news anchor for NBC.
Holt has anchored NBC’s flagship “Nightly News” broadcast since 2015, following eight years as anchor of the newscast’s weekend edition and 12 years as co-anchor of “Weekend Today.”
The university’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication announced Tuesday that Holt will receive the award Nov. 4 in Phoenix.
Cronkite dean Christopher Callahan called Holt “a fantastic role model for our students and all journalists for his insightful, caring, fact-based journalism and stories that focus on the impact of major news events on everyday Americans.”
The school was named in Cronkite’s honor in 1984. The famed CBS News anchor died in 2009.
(Copyright 2019 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)