12-Year-Old Centerville Boy Wants to Raise $100,000 to Help Kids in Guatemala
CENTERVILLE, Utah – A 12-year-old who’s already experienced nine facial surgeries plans to raise $100,000 dollars this weekend to send to kids in Guatemala.
Jeffrey Linton was born with a unilateral cleft lip and palate and now he wants to bring a smile to other kids in parts of the world with less than ample health options.
“I wanted to help those doctors get down there so I made a pitch to Holiday Oil and they went for it,” Linton said.
Saturday, July 13, Holiday Oil car washes, Linton, and Dr. Steven Warnock will hold a fundraiser to directly benefit the Hirsche Smiles Foundation and bring a smile to kids in Guatemala. A portion of every car wash will go to the non-profit.
Hirsche Smiles goes to Guatemala once a year to operate on kids like Jeffrey. All of the doctors and nurses pay their own way so that 100% of donations go to the kids.
You can donate at Hirsche Smiles Foundation: http://hirschesmiles.org/fundraising/
- 'I Feel Threatened' Man Loses Job After Outburst Over Costco Mask Policy (pageviews: 71723)
- Teens Surprise Special Needs Neighbor With Scooter For Birthday (pageviews: 10117)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8705)
- Utah Sets New Record With 722 New COVID-19 Cases; 7 New Deaths Reported (pageviews: 7637)
- Two People Charged With Hate Crime For Vandalizing Black Lives Matter Mural (pageviews: 5079)
- Husband Of Nurse Fighting For Life In ICU (pageviews: 4284)
- Unified Police Help Single Mom Remove Trees After Alleged Scam (pageviews: 4275)
- Back-To-School Plans Announced For Davis School District Plans (pageviews: 4150)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 4121)