Radio Hill Fire In Box Elder County Now At 1,800 Acres
TREMONTON, Utah – A new wildfire in Box Elder County has increased significantly since Monday morning.
Utah Fire Info reported the fire had burned approximately 900 acres at approximately 8 a.m. By noon, it had grown to 1,800 acres.
“The southern portion of the fire closest to homes has been the priority,” according to Utah Fire Info, “and fire managers feel confident that the containment lines will hold.”
Authorities asked residents to keep drones away from the fired and asked people to stay clear of the area.
About 85 firefighters were battling the blaze on the ground, and a helicopter and tanker were fighting from the air.
The Radio Hill Fire started Sunday night and is believed to be lightning-caused.
Crews have been fighting the blaze since Sunday. The fire is 20% contained.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)