Sgt. 1st Class Elliott Robbins Laid To Rest
OGDEN, Utah – Family, friends and the community are saying goodbye to a fallen hero Thursday as they honor Sgt. 1st Class Elliott Robbins.
Robbins, 31, of North Ogden, died in a non-combat incident in Afghanistan on June 30.
A funeral Mass will take place at 11 a.m. at the St. James the Just Catholic Church, 495 N. Harrison Blvd. before Robbins’ interment in the Ben Lomond Cemetery.
He leaves behind a wife and a baby boy, as well as his parents and siblings.
“I love my country, and I love my son,” said Robbins’ father, Freeman Robbins. “This is a great sadness.”
Elliott Robbins was a Green Beret medical sergeant who had received several military awards — some with valor.
Gov. Gary Herbert ordered flags in Utah to be flown at half-staff in Elliot Robbins’ honor.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)