Church Expanding Global Youth Conference Program To Include U.S., Canada
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Friday announced it is expanding a youth conference program it has been operating for more than a decade to include members in the United States and Canada.
The program, called For the Strength of Youth, is based on the Especially For Youth model, a days-long conference where youth from various parts of the country meet and interact with other. Latter-day Saint youth ages 14 – 18 in selected areas can take part in the conference beginning in 2020.
“These conferences include activities, devotionals, and classes designed to help strengthen faith in Jesus Christ and provide opportunities for youth to grow spiritually, socially, physically, and intellectually,” according to the Church.
Church officials said there will be FSY conferences in all Church stakes in the U.S. and Canada every other year and will include more than 200 sessions each year beginning in 2021 and 2022.
“The expansion is part of the Church’s new worldwide initiative for children and youth that will replace existing activity programs beginning in January 2020,” according to the Church. “Youth participating in the FSY program will experience activities, devotionals, and classes designed to provide opportunities to grow spiritually, socially, physically, and intellectually.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)