Riverton, South Jordan and Herriman Secondary Water Systems Shutdown After Canal Leak
RIVERTON, Utah – Riverton City’s secondary water system will be impacted by a canal leak, according to city officials. Herriman City service will also be interrupted for 48-72 hours or until further notice. South Jordan City said secondary water is shut down until further notice.
A canal leak on the Welby Jacob Canal has forced the canal company to shut down the canal to repair damage, according to the city website.
“This means that Riverton City’s secondary water system will either be shutdown or experience low pressure in (approximately) all areas west of 3200 W. The extent of the canal’s damage is unknown at this time and could mean Riverton residents who live west of 3200 W (approximately) will have no secondary water or experience low pressure anywhere between 1 day and 1 week,” according to the site.
“This will impact outdoor watering,” said Casey Saxton, a spokesperson for Riverton City.
⚠️ SECONDARY WATER ADVISORY
A canal leak on the Welby Jacob Canal has forced the canal co. to shut off the canal to repair damage. Riverton City’s secondary water system will experience little to no pressure in areas approx. west of 3200 W.
— Riverton City, Utah (@RivertonCity) July 19, 2019
Herriman City said culinary water should be unaffected.
Emergency work is being performed on the canal by the canal company, which is requiring a shutdown of secondary water. Service will be interrupted for 48-72 hours or until further notice.
Culinary water should be unaffected. Blackridge Reservoir water levels may be affected. pic.twitter.com/vFLKibjZAA
— Herriman City (@HerrimanCity) July 19, 2019
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)