Fatal Crash in Millard County Leaves 1 Man, 2 Horses Dead
MILLARD COUNTY, Utah – One man died following a crash Friday in Millard County. Two horses were also killed.
Utah Highway Patrol said a blue Dodge pickup traveling north on SR-257 approached the intersection at SR-6 at around 8:20 a.m. and did not appear to attempt to slow or stop at the stop sign and went into the intersection at full speed.
A Dodge horse trailer loaded with horses drove into the intersection at the same time, traveling west on SR-6. The driver of the horse trailer noticed that the northbound truck was not going to stop and attempted to stop himself, UHP Officer Jeff Rowell said. With the load of horses on board, Rowell said the driver of the horse trailer could tell he was not going to be able to stop and instead determined to try speeding up and getting past the other truck before it hit him.
The northbound truck struck the horse trailer between the truck and trailer completely severing the trailer in half and spilling the horses onto the road. Two of the horses were killed and at least one other was seriously injured.
The driver of the northbound blue pickup truck was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown onto the dash and the passenger side of the truck, Rowell said. He died at the scene. SR-6 was closed during the investigation and clean up.
The driver was identified as Randy Haddenham, 62, of Milford.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)