Unrestrained Child Suffers Critical Injuries During Rollover, Officials Say
BEAVER, Utah – A woman and a child were transported to a hospital Wednesday evening after their vehicle rolled on I-15, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Neither of them were wearing seat belts, officials said.
According to a UHP statement, the crash happened at approximately 5:20 p.m. at mile marker 125 in Beaver County. A Chevy Tahoe was traveling northbound when the driver lost control of the vehicle and slid into the median.
Authorities said the Tahoe rolled one time.
A 6-year-old girl was partially ejected during the crash and suffered critical injuries, according to the statement. She was unconscious when troopers arrived. She was taken to Beaver Valley Hospital by ambulance and then transported to Primary Children’s Hospital by helicopter. She has not regained consciousness.
The driver, a 26-year-old woman, sustained minor injuries and was transported to the hospital.
Officials said the vehicle didn’t appear to be driving faster than the posted speed limit. However, speed, tire conditions and a wet road all appear to have contributed to the crash.
“The lack of seat belt and an appropriate child restraint device is a major factor for the severity of injury sustained by the child,” according to the UHP statement.
- School Officials Apologize For 'Abhorrent' Quote In Highland High Yearbook (pageviews: 22111)
- Eight Arrested After Rally In Cottonwood Heights Turns Violent (pageviews: 22056)
- Police: Shots Fired Into Security Booth Outside Provo Missionary Training Center (pageviews: 5690)
- Suspect Killed; West Jordan Officer Shot In Shoulder (pageviews: 3806)
- The FDA's List Of Dangerous Hand Sanitizers Has Now Grown To More Than 100 (pageviews: 3105)
- Medical Helicopter Dispatched To Utah Lake After Report Of Person Being 'Entangled' In Propeller (pageviews: 2869)
- Wilford Brimley, 'Cocoon' And 'Natural' Actor, Dies At 85 (pageviews: 2854)
- Police: Shots Fired Overnight Outside Missionary Training Center In Provo (pageviews: 2358)
- Doctor Debunks Myths About Wearing Face Masks (pageviews: 1966)