FIREWATCH: Several Wildfires Currently Active In State
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – There are several wildfires currently active, and one of them is actually burning in an area officials planned to burn anyway.
Peavine Canyon Fire
The Peavine Canyon Fire, which has been burning west of Blanding for the past week, is slowing down quite a bit, according to authorities.
Forest officials said the fire remains at 811 acres, and firefighters are gaining more control over those flames. They added that this fire will actually help the forest and the animals in the long run.
The heavy winter snowfall has reduced the intensity of the fire, authorities said.
The Mammoth Fire burning near Huntington has grown to eight acres.
Fire officials said it’s spread into an area that was previously planned for a prescribed burn. If conditions are favorable, crews will continue to allow it to burn the dead trees in the area.
Park Ridge Fire
The Park Ridge Fire was started by lightning, according to the Central Utah Fire Interagency. Burning on Boulder Mountain about 10 miles south of Grover, the blaze has burned about 10 acres so far and is zero percent contained.
Skull Flat Fire
The Skull Flat Fire continues to burn at about 1,630 acres with 75% containment, according to the Incident Information System.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)