Man Dies At Salvage Yard After Being Crushed By Car
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – A 50-year-old man has been killed after a vehicle he was working on shifted and fell on top of him.
The incident happened around 3:30 p.m. Monday at the Pick-n-Pull salvage yard located at 585 West 3300 South in South Salt Lake.
Executive Officer Gary Keller with the South Salt Lake Police Department said the man was under a vehicle and removing a transmission.
The vehicle was on a slight incline as the man worked. During the removal, the vehicle shifted and fell, pinning the man underneath.
The man was transported to the hospital with very critical injuries. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Keller said officials were waiting for family to be notified before releasing the man’s identity.
He said the incident was an unfortunate industrial accident, and was not being investigated as suspicious.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)