Kids In Davis County Get Back-To-School Shopping Spree
LAYTON, Utah – Hundreds of Utah kids in Davis County went on a shopping spree Friday at the Kohl’s in Layton
The event was made possible thanks to the Davis Education Foundation, community donations, Kohl’s and countless volunteers.
The children were excited to shop for new clothes, choosing what they loved and trying things on. The spree also helped boost the kids’ confidence and help with the first-day jitters.
This darling little girl getting her school shopping on and winning me over! She’s so sweet and it was amazing to meet her and volunteer Julie as they shopped along 350 other kids in the Davis County School District for back to school basics! Details @KSL5TV at Noon. pic.twitter.com/RqqHf2btOF
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaNews) August 2, 2019
That good feeling gave Danichia Adekai a reason to twirl in her brand-new shirt.
“It makes me happy and proud,” she said.
Students K-6 in the Davis County School District start school Aug. 20. Each student received a gift card from Kohl’s in Layton, purchased by the Davis Education Foundation using numerous donations from around the community. The students also received a 20% discount, so they could get more bang for their buck on much needed items like shoes, shirts, pants and other basics.
“This is my first year, and I had the luck of the draw ,” said Davis School District volunteer Julie Tanner. “I got Denicia, and she is extremely an bright, happy helpful child. She’s been helping me add up the math.”
After finishing up their shopping, the kids then chose a backpack filled with some much-needed supplies to start their school year off fully prepared.
- Utah teen dies after becoming trapped underneath sand in Kanab (pageviews: 14172)
- Jerry Bruckheimer addresses Johnny Depp’s future with ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ franchise – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14014)
- Provo officer’s death recognized as line-of-duty from meth exposure 16 years later (pageviews: 6911)
- US reaches deal to reopen shuttered baby formula plant (pageviews: 5407)
- Big cross-border tunnel is found linking Tijuana to San Diego (pageviews: 4923)
- Pedestrian killed in Ogden crash (pageviews: 3920)