Girl Dies From Tragic Backyard Climbing Accident
REXBURG, Idaho – A nine-year-old girl died after a tragic tree climbing accident in her back yard in Rexburg.
Shaylyn Bergeson was flown to Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt lake City, but could not be saved. She passed away Thursday night.
According to her mother, Jesica Bergeson, she was playing in the yard when she fell off the tree and the rebar went into the left side of her head.
She was found that way after an intense search was underway when her parents couldn’t locate her earlier in the day.
Her mother says the families only bit of comfort during this very difficult time is that her daughter was able to donate her organs to save or improve the lives of five people.
“This is a horrible tragic accident I wished it never happened,” said a very emotional Jesica Bergeson. “But I am happy that we got to help those families.”
Sadly, this is the second child the Bergeson’s lost in just three years. Their oldest daughter, Briauna, who was born with a rare extra chromosome passed away in March of 2016. She was 10 years old.
Family and friends have set up a GoFundMe account to help cover medical expenses.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)