Back To School: The Do’s, Don’ts Of School Drop-off Lines
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – There is one aspect of school that gives plenty of parents anxiety — the drop-off and pick-up lines.
KSL TV’s Haley Smith combed through Utah school districts’ websites to identify the do’s and don’ts of picking up and dropping off your kids.
Here’s what she found.
THINGS NOT TO DO
Don’t Park Or Get Out Of Vehicle
The drop-off and pick-up lane is for brief stopping to allow your child to get out. If your student needs help getting out of the car, use the school’s parking lot.
Don’t Use Left Lane For Dropping Off
The left lane is a continuous moving lane. Don’t double park!
Don’t Use Your Phone
Don’t use your phone in the drop-off / pick-up line, and try to keep yourself free from other distractions. Pay attention and make sure your kids are ready to hop out or in the car.
Don’t Cut The Line
This only jams up the flow, and it can make people pretty mad. Most importantly, though, it can make things dangerous for kids.
THINGS TO DO
Make sure your kid is ready to get out with their backpack and jacket in hand. Don’t put all their stuff in the trunk and then take five minutes unloading it. If you need to, use the parking lot. That’s what it’s there for.
Pull To Farthest Possible Spot In Line
Don’t just park where it’s most convenient for you. Make sure you’re pulling up and allowing for as many vehicles to pull in behind you as possible.
Say your lengthy and loving goodbyes and give them the hugs, kisses and their lunches at home — before you head out the door. Plus, if you attempt to give them love when dropping them off, you run the risk of embarrassing them.
All parents have the same goal — to get their kids to and from school safely and in a timely manner. Do your part and be kind.
- 'I Feel Threatened' Man Loses Job After Outburst Over Costco Mask Policy (pageviews: 71723)
- Teens Surprise Special Needs Neighbor With Scooter For Birthday (pageviews: 10117)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8705)
- Utah Sets New Record With 722 New COVID-19 Cases; 7 New Deaths Reported (pageviews: 7637)
- Two People Charged With Hate Crime For Vandalizing Black Lives Matter Mural (pageviews: 5079)
- Husband Of Nurse Fighting For Life In ICU (pageviews: 4284)
- Unified Police Help Single Mom Remove Trees After Alleged Scam (pageviews: 4275)
- Back-To-School Plans Announced For Davis School District Plans (pageviews: 4150)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 4121)