Firefighters Keep Tractor Trailer Blaze From Spreading To Structure
LAYTON, Utah – Firefighters were called out after semi and trailer caught fire while inside a structure.
The fire broke out around 4:20 p.m. Saturday near 3400 North Fairfield Road in Layton.
Heavy smoke was coming from the trailer. Crews were concerned the fire would spread to the structure itself, but they were able to contain the flames to the trailer and nearby equipment.
Officials said there was no damage to the structure itself.
Damage to the semi and trailer was estimated around $120,000.
Investigators were working to determine the cause of the fire, but they did not believe it was suspicious.
Firefighters from both the Layton Fire Department and Hill Air Force Base Fire Department responded to the scene.
Fire Investigators have determined there was no structural damage and total damage estimated at $120,000. Cause of fire still under investigation, but not considered to be suspicious.
— LaytonFire (@Layton_Fire) August 11, 2019
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 8313)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 8203)
- Biden caught on hot mic swearing at Fox News reporter (pageviews: 6228)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 5505)
- CDC adds 5 more Caribbean island destinations to its highest level of travel risk – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4192)
- Former BYU professor heads to court Feb. 14 for 7 counts of sexual abuse (pageviews: 4034)
- Spirit Airlines to begin SLC flights in May (pageviews: 4017)
- Utah man suffers life-threatening burns after smoking near oxygen tank (pageviews: 3472)
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope reaches final stop, 1 million miles out (pageviews: 3398)