Sheep Get Loose, Wander On Interstate In Lehi
LEHI, Utah – The interstate in Utah County was closed for a brief time while troopers works to contain a group of sheep who were wandering on the roadway.
Officials from the Utah Highway Patrol said a man was hauling the sheep on I-15 in Lehi around 1 p.m. Saturday when something happened with his trailer.
The driver told troopers he believed a latch on his trailer became loose or malfunctioned and came open.
Four sheep fell out as a result.
Drivers were able to dodge all the sheep but one, which was hit, though officials said it suffered only minor injuries and was expected to be fine.
Troopers responded to the scene and closed the interstate for only three or four minutes while they helped contain the sheep and secure them back in the trailer.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)