California Man Arrested On Domestic Abuse Charges At Salt Lake Airport
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A 40-year-old California man was behind bars in Utah, accused of trying to hurt his wife and child at the Salt Lake International Airport.
In a jail booking statement, police said Yukiharo Kuroki was at the airport with his family on Friday. They missed their connecting flight and rented a car for the remainder of their family vacation.
They said Kuroki became upset with his wife during a disagreement. Witnesses said he grabbed her by the throat while she was holding their toddler, causing both of them to fall to the ground.
Investigators said other airport patrons stopped Kuroki from doing more harm until police arrived.
Kuroki was taken into custody and booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on charges of aggravated assault, child abuse and domestic violence in the presence of a child.
Help for people in abusive relationships and victims of domestic violence is available 24-7.
Call the confidential statewide Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-897-LINK.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)