Bountiful Police Say Fireworks Mistaken For Gunfire
BOUNTIFUL, Utah (AP) — Police in Bountiful are searching for the person responsible for setting off fireworks in a park restroom, which were mistaken for gunfire.
The Bountiful City Police Department said Monday that investigators are working to identify a suspect seen on surveillance video last week at a city park.
According to police, someone lit large aerial fireworks and severely damaged a bathroom.
Looking to identify a criminal mischief suspect. Newer Ford truck w/furniture in the bed. If you recognize the person in the picture, or the truck and the whole scenario, please 801-298-6000 or reach us on social media. Reference case 190002164. pic.twitter.com/jx1rCjz3zu
— BountifulCityPD (@bountifulcityPD) August 12, 2019
They say people in the area mistook them for gunshots in the wake of mass shootings in Texas and Ohio.
Police say one of the suspects appears on camera and is wearing a white shirt and blue shorts.
They say a vehicle involved in the incident is described as a newer silver Ford truck that had furniture in the bed.
(Copyright 2019 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)