‘Extreme Makeover: Home Edition’ Helping Two Utah Families
WASHINGTON TERRACE, Utah — In a week’s time, the Mayo Family will have a brand-new home thanks to HGTV’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
Neighbor Arlene Harris said watching the from the demolition on Saturday to the progress crews with made today, has been exciting.
“They told us they would send us to a hotel so we wouldn’t have to be here and we’re like ‘Are you kidding? Who wants to give up front row seats to something like this’,” she said.
Three years ago a tornado came through the area and uprooted a tree in the Mayo’s yard. That led to their basement flooding and a drain not working properly.
Harris said watching the community step up to help the family is something she’ll never forget.
“It was so wonderful to see how the neighborhood came together and they’ve been that way before and ever since then,” she said.
But the problems with the home just kept coming back so Wadman Corporation decided to jump in. They teamed up with the show to demolish the old home and build a new one for the family from the ground up.
“There were a lot of problems with the old house and this is something that is going to be very well deserved,” Harris said.
Crews started Saturday and will work for the entire week to complete it. A big reveal, open to the public, will happen on Saturday. It is the second Utah home the show is working on.
Project coordinators are still need help from the community, whether that’s with time, food donations, or just to cheer them on.
For more information on the homes or to become a volunteer, visit wadman.com/extrememakeover.
- Arizona Police Say They Plan To File Charges Against Lori Vallow (pageviews: 9056)
- Street Painter Sprays Several Neighborhood Cars In West Jordan (pageviews: 7852)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 6801)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 5155)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan, Removes 'Modified Quarantine' (pageviews: 4408)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 3598)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan (pageviews: 3184)
- ‘Mistakes Were Made,’ But Cox Stands By Utah’s COVID-19 Response (pageviews: 2245)
- Ammon Bundy Joins Utah Anti-Mask Battle As Southern Utah Mayors Endorse Masks (pageviews: 1784)