Man Accused Of Murdering His 5-year-old Niece Enters Guilty Plea
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Alex Whipple, who is accused of abducting and murdering his 5-year-old niece in May has entered guilty pleas to avoid the death penalty, KSL TV’s Mike Anderson reports.
The 21-year-old man was charged with murder after police reported they found Elizabeth “Lizzy” Shelley’s blood on his clothes.
He later revealed the location of the girl’s body after a five-day long search.
— Mike Anderson (@mikeandersonKSL) August 13, 2019
As part of the plea agreement, charges for failing to disclose his identity, drug possession charges, and a possession of weapon charge have been dropped. He will be sentenced Sept. 24.
This article will be updated.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)