Harrisville School Cancels Classes Due To Garbage Fire In Parking Lot
HARRISVILLE, Utah – A charter school in Weber County canceled classes after a garbage fire made its parking lot inaccessible, officials said.
According to officials with the GreenWood Charter School, a kitchen manager at the location noticed the trash inside a garbage truck was on fire early Thursday morning. The employee alerted the driver, who then asked if the trash could be dumped in the parking lot as a safety precaution. When the load was dumped, the entire pile of garbage ignited.
School authorities decided to cancel classes while the scene is cleaned up.
The fire was quickly put out. No injuries were reported.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)