Suspect In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Charged In Separate Kidnapping, Assault Case
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The man accused of murdering University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck has been charged in a separate kidnapping case from 2018.
The Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office filed one count of aggravated kidnapping and three counts of forcible sexual abuse against Ayoola Ajayi, 31, in connection to a case from March 2018.
According to court documents, the victim began communicating with Ajayi through a dating app last year. After meeting in person, he then invited the victim to his house where he allegedly sexually assaulted her. The victim reportedly attempted to get away, but Ajayi “pinned her down on the couch against her will.”
“She was subsequently able to escape,” said Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill. “And then eventually came forward and notified us.”
Gill says the woman notified them after Ajayi was charged in Lueck case, which is more than a year after the alleged crime took place.
“There are many times when individuals are sexually assaulted they don’t immediately disclose or inform anybody. It can be a sense of shame, it can be a sense of isolation,” said Gill. “If you are a victim of a crime you need to know that you are not alone there is a community here that can help you.”
Ajayi also faces charges of aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping and desecration of a human body, among others, in the death of Lueck. In addition, he’s charged with multiple counts of sexual exploitation of a minor after investigators discovered child pornography on devices inside his home.
KSL TV’s Dan Rascon contributed to this report.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)