Provo Man Killed In Head-On Collision With Tar Tanker
WOODLAND HILLS, Utah – A Provo man was killed on the south side of Utah County after drifting into oncoming traffic and hitting a tar tanker.
The crash happened Tuesday afternoon near 11000 South on Woodland Hills Drive.
Sergeant Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the 26-year-old driver was in a passenger vehicle traveling southbound when it drifted into the northbound lanes.
Cannon identified the man as Kyle Jackson on Wednesday.
The vehicle slammed into the front of the tanker, causing a massive collision.
The front end of the vehicle sustained heavy damage. The force of the impact ripped large parts of the engine out of the vehicle’s carriage.
Officials said the driver was killed by the impact. He was not wearing a seatbelt. The man’s identity was not released, pending family notification.
It was not clear if the tanker driver sustained any injuries.
Woodland Hills Drive was closed in both directions. Information about when the road was expected to reopen was not available.
@UCSO is investigating a fatal crash at about 11000 S Woodland Hills Drive in Woodland Hills. A southbound passenger car appears to have drifted into the northbound lane and collided with a small commercial tar tanker. The driver of the car died in the crash. Detail to follow. pic.twitter.com/cUzLRcL8wl
— Spencer Cannon (@SGTCannonPIO) August 21, 2019
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)