4-Year-Old Girl Has Toes Amputated Following Saratoga Springs Van Fire
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A 4-year-old girl has undergone multiple surgeries after being seriously burned in a van fire in Saratoga Springs in July.
Family members of Lilly Jones said the girl had all 10 of her toes amputated after doctors said they could not save the appendages.
However, doctors also said her fingers are healing and they hope she can fully use them in the future.
Jones was severely burned after her family’s van burst into flames near Pelican Bay in Saratoga Springs in July.
Family members said she was the most injured in the fire because she was trapped in a car seat.
In a letter posted to social media, the family said Jones is in the testing phase for an experimental skin grafting procedure and they are waiting for FDA approval.
The FDA has to approve each use on a case-by-case basis, they said. In the meantime, Jones is on a ventilator to assist with her breathing.
A GoFundMe account has been set up for the family.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 12390)
- Street Painter Sprays Several Neighborhood Cars In West Jordan (pageviews: 9711)
- Arizona Police Say They Plan To File Charges Against Lori Vallow (pageviews: 5916)
- Parents Rally For 5-Day, In-Person Learning At Davis School District (pageviews: 4623)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan, Removes 'Modified Quarantine' (pageviews: 3800)
- Ammonium Nitrate May Have Sparked Beirut Explosion. It Also Happened In Texas In 1947 (pageviews: 3395)
- Salt Lake Community College Taylorsville Campus Shelter-In-Place Lifted (pageviews: 3188)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan (pageviews: 3184)
- ‘Mistakes Were Made,’ But Cox Stands By Utah’s COVID-19 Response (pageviews: 2228)