Suspects Flee, Crash Car Onto Sheriff’s Office Lawn
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – A juvenile is in custody and another person is outstanding after a driver fled from a simple traffic stop and then crashed onto the sheriff’s office property, authorities said.
According to Unified Police, an officer began a traffic stop on a speeding car at approximately 12:30 a.m. Monday. The vehicle did not stop, though.
The officer didn’t pursue. Later, the car crashed on the lawn of the Sheriff’s Office building at 3300 South and 900 West, officials said.
Two people fled from the scene on foot and a third person, who had a broken leg, stayed with the car. He was later released.
One of the suspects was a juvenile, according to police, and when officers caught him they reportedly found narcotics in the juvenile’s backpack. He has been taken into custody.
Of the two who ran a juvenile was caught and had narcotics in his backpack- he has been taken into custody.
Authorities said the third person is still at large.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)