How To Help Your Student Deal With Bullying
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – As students get back into their routines, some of the social aspects of school life can be troubling – especially if bullying is happening.
Natalie Sergent, a licensed psychologist with Intermountain Healthcare, has some tips on how to help kids who are dealing with anxiety about bullying.
She said many of the same strategies that help with anxiety in general will also help prepare children to deal with bullying.
“Bullying has its impact, for sure,” Sergent said. “But if we can do some of these other things, like increasing social network and activities and healthy eating and sleep, we can combat some of those other issues.”
Sergent also said she thinks schools are doing a better job than ever to combat bullying. Many have zero tolerance policies as well, so working with the school can be a great way to go.
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 8952)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 8281)
- FDA Issues Warning To Jimmy John's For Safety Violations (pageviews: 7276)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 5353)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 4896)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 4378)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 3291)
- One Dead, Multiple Injured In Severe Crash In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 3034)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2960)