Sandy Fire Crews Quickly Contain Fire In Mobile Home
SANDY, Utah – Crews were able to quickly contain a fire after it sparked in a mobile home Tuesday afternoon.
The fire started in the area of 261 West and Eastgate Drive.
According to Sandy Fire Deputy Chief Ryan McConaghie, when firefighters arrived, they found the structure fully engulfed. Crews went into defensive mode and were able to quickly contain the fire to the interior of the home.
No one was inside at the time, and no injuries were reported.
A witness reportedly saw a car take off from the area as the fire started, McConaghie said.
The cause is under investigation, and officials are treating it as suspicious.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)