Murder Suspects Escape Custody In Southern Utah
BLANDING, Utah – Two people suspected of murdering a man escaped police custody in Utah while being extradited from New York to Arizona.
Blane, 56, and Susan Barksdale, 59, were believed to be armed and dangerous and should not be approached, according to police.
They were being extradited from Henrietta, New York, to Pima County, Arizona, when police said they overpowered two security officers Monday night. They were last seen driving a red GMC Sierra pickup truck with an Arizona license plate, No. 127XTY.
Police said Blane Barksdale has numerous tattoos on his arms and hands and the Barksdales’ direction of travel was unknown. Officer Fransisco Magos with the Tuscon Police Department said the two might be traveling through Arizona.
Both Barksdales are wanted in connection with the murder of 72-year-old Frank Bligh on April 16 in Tuscon, Arizona. The FBI, U.S. Marshals and Apache County Sheriff’s Office were assisting in the investigation.
Anyone with information on the couple’s whereabouts is asked to call 911 or 88-CRIME.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)