Utah Woman Found With Meth Tries To ID Herself As Daughter
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Authorities say a Utah woman arrested on suspicion of driving with a suspended license and having illegal drugs tried to persuade an officer she was her daughter.
A probable cause statement says the 38-year-old Heather Elaine Garcia repeatedly identified herself as her 20-year-old daughter during the traffic stop Saturday north of Salt Lake City. Garcia finally acknowledged she lied after the officer noticed she didn’t look like the photo he found of her daughter.
Police say there were several arrest warrants for Garcia. The officer found methamphetamine in the car.
She was booked into the Davis County jail on $5,230 bail on suspicion of drug and driving counts as well as on providing false information in an attempt to impersonate somebody else.
It’s unknown if Garcia has an attorney.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)