UHP Officials: Zero Fatal Accidents, 66 DUI Arrests Over Labor Day Weekend
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said there were zero fatal crashes investigated by the agency this Labor Day weekend.
Between August 30 and September 2, troopers conducted 5,751 traffic stops and made 66 DUI arrests.
Troopers also made 3,642 speed contacts and 632 seat belt contacts over the holiday weekend.
The results came after UHP officials announced extra DUI patrol shifts as part of a national “Drive Sober, or Get Pulled Over” campaign.
Troopers and officers from 26 different agencies worked an additional 210 shifts for their “Know Your Limits” campaign.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)