‘The Kelly Clarkson Show’ Premiering On NBC Sept. 9
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – She’s topped the Billboard charts, dazzled at the Stadium of Fire in Provo, and found success on NBC’s “The Voice.
Now Kelly Clarkson is taking on a new venture with “The Kelly Clarkson Show,” which will debut on KSL TV Sept. 9.
Clarkson said it feels like a good time for this project – one that will bring some stability to her family life and allow her to bring an authentic, fresh voice to daytime television.
Music, she said, is what gave her confidence to do the show.
“I was actually very shy and pretty much a wallflower before I started singing,” she said. “I know it’s hard to imagine, but then I started singing and being on stage and in drama. It really did bring out my personality, my character and everything.”
Clarkson said she had “just a perfect amount of hurdles” placed in her path on her road to success, and she says it’s helped her define herself.
“It’s almost when people try to tell you who you should be, it almost forces you to figure out who you actually are,” she said.
She’s going to bring that positive force and confidence to a new daytime stage, and she said she hopes to offer women a place and a space to just be themselves.
Of course, music will be a big part of the show. There will be an on-set band, which is normally a vibe reserved for evening shows, and Clarkson will begin each episode with a game of “Kelly-oke.”
An audience member will share why a particular Kelly Clarkson song is meaningful to them, and Clarkson will belt it out in an opening mini-concert, of sorts.
“The Kelly Clarkson Show” premiers Monday, Sept. 3, at 3 p.m. on KSL TV.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19689)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7534)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 4062)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3960)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3749)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3586)