Gov. Herbert Calls Special Legislative Session For Medical Marijuana Distribution Talks
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Gov. Gary Herbert has called for a special session of the Utah State Legislature to discuss medical marijuana distribution, census funding and other technical adjustments.
The session will be held on September 16.
“My administration is dedicated to ensuring that quality, medical grade cannabis products are accessible to patients by March of 2020,” Herbert said. “Removing the requirement for a state central fill pharmacy will provide efficient and timely distribution of this substance for those who need it.”
Legislative leaders said the special session will help legislators make needed adjustments before next year’s general session.
- Utah Scraps State-run Dispensary System For Medical Cannabis
- Utah Court Rejects Challenge To Medical Marijuana Law
“A special session provides the opportunity to consider adjustments and improvements as circumstances change,” said Senate President J. Stuart Adams. “Legislators will convene to discuss and hear public comment on issues, deliberate on matters and take possible action.”
“Utah is one of the best managed states in the country,” said Speaker Brad Wilson. “Our success isn’t an accident. It’s a collaborative process,” Special sessions provide part-time lawmakers an opportunity to make needed changes to complex legislation in a way that best serves our community.”
Additionally, lawmakers will discuss amendments to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act regarding storage and transportation of certain heavy beers, approval and appropriations for the settlement of lawsuits against the state and certain tax incentive amendments.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)