Latter-day Saints Gather To Celebrate Pres. Russell M. Nelson’s 95th Birthday
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will celebrate president Russell M. Nelson’s 95th birthday with a gala in Salt Lake City.
The Friday night event at the church conference center will include performances by Donny Osmond, Nathan Pacheco and the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square. A church news release says the event will focus on Nelson’s lifelong service to the Utah-based faith.
Nelson has been a transformative president since he took over in January 2018. Earlier this year, he rescinded rules that banned baptisms for children of gay parents and branded same-sex couples apostates subject to excommunication.
He also launched a campaign calling on people to stop using the shorthand names “Mormon” and “LDS.”
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)