Latter-day Saints Gather To Celebrate Pres. Russell M. Nelson’s 95th Birthday
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will celebrate president Russell M. Nelson’s 95th birthday with a gala in Salt Lake City.
The Friday night event at the church conference center will include performances by Donny Osmond, Nathan Pacheco and the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square. A church news release says the event will focus on Nelson’s lifelong service to the Utah-based faith.
Nelson has been a transformative president since he took over in January 2018. Earlier this year, he rescinded rules that banned baptisms for children of gay parents and branded same-sex couples apostates subject to excommunication.
He also launched a campaign calling on people to stop using the shorthand names “Mormon” and “LDS.”
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)