Officials Identify Driver Involved In Hit-And-Run Who Died After Crashing Into Semi Trailer
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A man who was involved in a hit-and-run incident Thursday died minutes later after crashing into a parked semi trailer, officials said.
Authorities identified him as Philip Naclerio, 57.
Salt Lake City Police Lt. Jenn Diederich said the crash happened at 4:45 p.m. in the area of 1800 South and Bangerter Highway.
The incident happened shortly after Naclerio’s black truck crashed into an SUV and then drove away, Diederich said. The driver of the SUV went to search for the black truck and found it several blocks away.
The driver of the SUV reported Naclerio was not acting in a coherent manner. The truck then drove away and crashed into a parked, unattached semi trailer.
Police said Naclerio may have had a medical condition which contributed to both crashes.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)