Friends, Family Search For Missing Ogden Man
OGDEN, Utah – Friends and family search for a missing Ogden man last seen early Saturday morning.
“We’re hoping to find him safe and sound,” said Adam Morfin.
On Sunday, friends and family gathered outside an Ogden church to coordinate search efforts for 62-year-old Robert Lee Morfin.
“It’s been difficult, it’s been very heart wrenching from the time that we’ve learned that he is missing primarily because it is out of character for him,” said family friend AnnaJane Arroyo.
“He left on foot. It was about 7:30 a.m. yesterday was when my mom said she heard the door shut,” said Robert’s son Adam Morfin.
Morfin says his dad left his home in the area of 28th Street and Madison without giving notice and without his belongings, like a cell phone and wallet.
“We’re concerned because he is diabetic, he doesn’t have his medication and he wasn’t in his normal state of mind,” Morfin said.
“It makes it very difficult to just kind of layback and sit back and do nothing,” Arroyo said.
Family members say they’ve filed a missing person’s report with the Ogden Police Department.
“He’s had lots and lots of family and friends out searching for him yesterday for many, many hours at a time. All throughout Ogden, west Ogden, north Ogden, south Ogden,” said Arroyo who is helping to coordinate search efforts.
Today more gathered to post flyers and canvass neighborhoods on foot.
“You hold out hope but it’s already been 24 hours, he was out in the rain last night. You know, I’m just, I’m really worried about him,” Morfin said.
Family members say Robert Morfin enjoys going on long walks and is well acquainted with the area.
“We don’t’ know if he is aware, discouraged, depressed or in insulin shock,” Arroyo shared.
They’re asking anyone who recognizes him to contact the Ogden Police Department immediately.
“We need him to come home, his wife loves him and children love him. Our greatest hope and prayer is that we are going to find him safe,” Arroyo said.
Robert Morfin was last seen wearing navy blue sweatpants with orange stripes on the side and a dark blue shirt. He is described as 180 pounds, 6’ 1”, brown eyes, with black and gray hair.
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 12173)
- Former Mission Companion Of Chad Daybell In Disbelief After Developments (pageviews: 9214)
- Police: Body Found In Pipe Near Target In Salt Lake City 'Suspicious' (pageviews: 8050)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 7602)
- Utah Teen Shot, Left For Dead Three Years Ago Raising Money For Prosthetic Arm (pageviews: 7557)
- California Prisoner Confesses To Killing 2 Child Molesters, Says He 'Did Everybody A Favor' (pageviews: 6786)
- Mike Rowe Makes Online Plea To Help West Jordan Toymaker (pageviews: 5760)
- Dirty Dining? KSL Investigators Look Into Popular Salt Lake Restaurant Rankings (pageviews: 4830)
- Payson Hit-&-Run Driver Turns Himself In After Striking 9-Year-Old (pageviews: 4026)
- Celebrities Rally To Send Quaden Bayles To Disneyland After Bullying Video Goes Viral (pageviews: 3869)