10 Apartments Evacuated During Fire In St. George
ST. GEORGE, Utah – Families in Washington County were displaced Sunday night following a large apartment fire.
Crews responded to the incident shortly after 9:15 p.m. in the area of 1700 West and 360 North. Officials said flames were already shooting through the roof when they arrived.
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) September 9, 2019
Ten units were impacted after the fire started on the upper floor of one of the complex’s buildings. The apartments were evacuated and crews were able to get the fire under control.
Residents impacted are currently receiving help from the American Red Cross as well as apartment managers. No injuries were reported.
The cause is under investigation, although authorities believe it started on the deck of one of the apartments. Officials estimate the damage at approximately $200,000.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)