2 Suspects Facing Charges For Utah Wildfire Near Bountiful
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Two people are facing charges in connection with a wildfire near two Salt Lake City suburbs that destroyed three homes and forced hundreds of residents to flee.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports U.S. Forest Service spokeswoman Kathy Jo Pollock said Monday the two suspects will get a ticket for not correctly extinguishing a campfire and prosecutors are looking into other charges.
According to the U.S. Forest Service, investigators traced the Aug. 30 fire to “a small campfire ring near the side of a mountain road.” Witnesses pointed investigators to two people who ignited that fire and authorities say “they are cooperating.”
The names of the two suspects have not been released.
Authorities say the wildfire burned more than 300 acres (121 hectares) and drove residents from more than 400 homes in Bountiful and Centerville, Utah.
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 12173)
- Former Mission Companion Of Chad Daybell In Disbelief After Developments (pageviews: 9214)
- Police: Body Found In Pipe Near Target In Salt Lake City 'Suspicious' (pageviews: 8050)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 7602)
- Utah Teen Shot, Left For Dead Three Years Ago Raising Money For Prosthetic Arm (pageviews: 7557)
- California Prisoner Confesses To Killing 2 Child Molesters, Says He 'Did Everybody A Favor' (pageviews: 6786)
- Mike Rowe Makes Online Plea To Help West Jordan Toymaker (pageviews: 5760)
- Dirty Dining? KSL Investigators Look Into Popular Salt Lake Restaurant Rankings (pageviews: 4830)
- Payson Hit-&-Run Driver Turns Himself In After Striking 9-Year-Old (pageviews: 4026)
- Celebrities Rally To Send Quaden Bayles To Disneyland After Bullying Video Goes Viral (pageviews: 3869)