Fire Department Posts Hilarious Response After Police-Impersonating Drone Reported In Kaysville
KAYSVILLE, Utah – Add one more thing to the list that drones can do to annoy us.
On Monday, the Kaysville Police Department posted on its Facebook page that citizens were approached by a drone with a speaker. A voice identified the drone as Kaysville Police and then instructed the people to evacuate the area.
“Kaysville Police does not own a drone and will not make any announcements through one,” the police department posted. “Please contact Kaysville Police if you come across this. ”
The Kaysville Fire Department had a few thoughts to add.
In Facebook post of their own, the KFD made three crucial points:
- Kaysville Police Department can’t even get all of you to obey road closure signs on Sunset Dr. in the construction zone… do y’all really think a Walmart-grade drone would be an effective evacuation tool in this city? 🤨
- While D R O N E and D O N U T both start with a “D”, they are not the same and the police (and myself) would rather spend time with handheld cake than with remote-controlled-flying-karaoke.
- If you ever see a drone flying around saying they’re Kaysville Fire you will immediately know that it’s a lie because our operational budget is not-so-droney. The only flying announcements we can afford to make are throwing frisbees from a moving fire engine at your forehead with a note taped to it advising to leave the area.
If you encounter any drone in Kaysville that purports to belong to law enforcement, you’re asked to contact Kaysville Police.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)