Fire Department Posts Hilarious Response After Police-Impersonating Drone Reported In Kaysville
KAYSVILLE, Utah – Add one more thing to the list that drones can do to annoy us.
On Monday, the Kaysville Police Department posted on its Facebook page that citizens were approached by a drone with a speaker. A voice identified the drone as Kaysville Police and then instructed the people to evacuate the area.
“Kaysville Police does not own a drone and will not make any announcements through one,” the police department posted. “Please contact Kaysville Police if you come across this. ”
The Kaysville Fire Department had a few thoughts to add.
In Facebook post of their own, the KFD made three crucial points:
- Kaysville Police Department can’t even get all of you to obey road closure signs on Sunset Dr. in the construction zone… do y’all really think a Walmart-grade drone would be an effective evacuation tool in this city? 🤨
- While D R O N E and D O N U T both start with a “D”, they are not the same and the police (and myself) would rather spend time with handheld cake than with remote-controlled-flying-karaoke.
- If you ever see a drone flying around saying they’re Kaysville Fire you will immediately know that it’s a lie because our operational budget is not-so-droney. The only flying announcements we can afford to make are throwing frisbees from a moving fire engine at your forehead with a note taped to it advising to leave the area.
If you encounter any drone in Kaysville that purports to belong to law enforcement, you’re asked to contact Kaysville Police.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)