Fire Department Posts Hilarious Response After Police-Impersonating Drone Reported In Kaysville
KAYSVILLE, Utah – Add one more thing to the list that drones can do to annoy us.
On Monday, the Kaysville Police Department posted on its Facebook page that citizens were approached by a drone with a speaker. A voice identified the drone as Kaysville Police and then instructed the people to evacuate the area.
“Kaysville Police does not own a drone and will not make any announcements through one,” the police department posted. “Please contact Kaysville Police if you come across this. ”
The Kaysville Fire Department had a few thoughts to add.
In Facebook post of their own, the KFD made three crucial points:
- Kaysville Police Department can’t even get all of you to obey road closure signs on Sunset Dr. in the construction zone… do y’all really think a Walmart-grade drone would be an effective evacuation tool in this city? 🤨
- While D R O N E and D O N U T both start with a “D”, they are not the same and the police (and myself) would rather spend time with handheld cake than with remote-controlled-flying-karaoke.
- If you ever see a drone flying around saying they’re Kaysville Fire you will immediately know that it’s a lie because our operational budget is not-so-droney. The only flying announcements we can afford to make are throwing frisbees from a moving fire engine at your forehead with a note taped to it advising to leave the area.
If you encounter any drone in Kaysville that purports to belong to law enforcement, you’re asked to contact Kaysville Police.
- 4-Year-Old Boy Left On School Bus For Two Hours (pageviews: 5219)
- South Salt Lake Police Identify 23-Year-Old Murder Victim (pageviews: 4293)
- Ten Puppies, Two Dogs Stolen From South Jordan Home (pageviews: 2642)
- Wednesday's Child: Stoneay Hopes To Find Her Forever Family (pageviews: 1968)
- Debate Commission Says It Will Make Changes To Format (pageviews: 1952)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 1731)
- Grieving Family Desperate To Find Dead Brother’s Storage Unit (pageviews: 1676)
- Putting An End To A COVID Mask Frustration: Foggy Glasses (pageviews: 1373)
- Neighbors Concerned About U Of U Parties As University Goes Online (pageviews: 1320)