Officials Rescue Bear Trapped In Sandstone Hole
MOAB, Utah – Officials with the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources rescued a black bear who was stuck in a sandstone hole in Grand County.
Some hikers came across the bear and contacted officials, who used a makeshift ladder to help the animal escape the hole.
DWR officials said they were able to use a non-drug rescue approach due to the bear’s young age and size.
They gave the bear some peaches to snack on while assembling the ladder, which was made of branches.
It took some coaxing after completing the ladder, but the bear safely made it out of the sandstone hole, according to officials.
They said they were not sure how long the bear had been stuck.
BEAR RESCUE: It's not often our people are able to take a non-drug approach to get black bears out of sticky situations. But the other day when this young bear was discovered in a sandstone hole, our officer was able to help free him by coaxing him up a makeshift ladder. pic.twitter.com/pRsx3xvxiM
— Utah DWR (@UtahDWR) September 9, 2019
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)