UHP Identifies Man Killed In Early-Morning Crash In Carbon County
PRICE, Utah – The Utah Highway Patrol identified a man who they say was killed after colliding with a semi-truck that was passing a no-passing zone Friday morning.
The crash happened at approximately 3:15 a.m. in Carbon County on state Route 6 at milepost 226 in Price Canyon, according to UHP.
A tractor-trailer was traveling westbound when it attempted to pass a slower tractor-trailer in a no-passing zone on a grade and on a corner, according to a UHP statement. It then collided head-on with a Ford F-350 traveling eastbound.
The driver of the pickup, identified as Baylan B. Nelson, 22, of Huntington, died at the scene, officials said.
SR-6 was closed as authorities investigated, and traffic was diverted onto Emma Park Road and state Route 191.
Charges are pending against the driver of the semi-truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 8952)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 8281)
- FDA Issues Warning To Jimmy John's For Safety Violations (pageviews: 7276)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 5353)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 4896)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 4378)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 3291)
- One Dead, Multiple Injured In Severe Crash In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 3034)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2960)