UHP Identifies Man Killed In Early-Morning Crash In Carbon County
PRICE, Utah – The Utah Highway Patrol identified a man who they say was killed after colliding with a semi-truck that was passing a no-passing zone Friday morning.
The crash happened at approximately 3:15 a.m. in Carbon County on state Route 6 at milepost 226 in Price Canyon, according to UHP.
A tractor-trailer was traveling westbound when it attempted to pass a slower tractor-trailer in a no-passing zone on a grade and on a corner, according to a UHP statement. It then collided head-on with a Ford F-350 traveling eastbound.
The driver of the pickup, identified as Baylan B. Nelson, 22, of Huntington, died at the scene, officials said.
SR-6 was closed as authorities investigated, and traffic was diverted onto Emma Park Road and state Route 191.
Charges are pending against the driver of the semi-truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 5286)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 4285)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3692)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 2165)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 2065)
- 2 men arrested for allegedly enticing minors online and by text (pageviews: 2003)