One Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints Missionary Dies, One Critically Injured In Crash
BRITISH COLUMBIA – A missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in Canada has died following a serious car crash, according to Church spokesman Daniel Woodruff.
Elder Bryant Keck, 19, from Sanford, Colorado, died on Tuesday.
Woodruff said the crash happened in Kamloops in British Columbia on Friday. Elder Dallin Thompson, 19, from Sahuarita, Arizona, also sustained possible life-threatening injuries and remained in critical condition Tuesday.
Woodruff said the two were serving in the Canada Vancouver Mission and the vehicle the missionaries were in collided with a truck Friday.
“Our deepest condolences go out to the family and loved ones of Elder Keck as they mourn his passing and honor his life and missionary service,” Woodruff said. “We continue to pray for Elder Thompson and his family as well as the individuals in the other vehicle. We hope everyone involved in this tragedy will feel the comfort and peace of the Holy Spirit during this difficult time.
No other details of the crash were released.
KSL 5 TV Live
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 35010)
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 17846)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 12181)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 7418)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 6628)
- Teen dead, others injured after rollover crash in Juab County (pageviews: 6564)