High Wind, Red Flag Warnings Issued For Utah; Chance Of Rain Tuesday
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The National Weather Service issued High Wind and Red Flag warnings for most of Utah effective Monday.
The state will mainly be affected by high winds and very dry conditions in the afternoon, KSL TV meteorologist Grant Weyman said.
HIGH WINDS LATER TODAY….. MUCH OF NORTHERN UTAH UNDER A HIGH WIND WARNING… SOME GUSTS UP TO 55MPH POSSIBLE . STRONGEST WINDS BETWEEN 2PM AND 10PM. pic.twitter.com/fVvr5Ioeqr
— Grant Weyman (@KSLweyman) September 16, 2019
“Very strong northwesterly winds with gusts in excess of 60 mph will occur Monday evening into early Tuesday morning across mainly northwestern Utah,” according to the National Weather Service. “Wind gusts to 50 mph will be possible across the remainder of the area behind the cold front for several hours.”
Weyman said temperatures will reach into the upper 80s for northern Utah and the 90s for the southern portion of the state.
Tuesday could bring in some rain, Weyman said, with chance of precipitation at 50%.
- KSL Investigates: Was Turbulent Protest Caused By ‘Out Of State' Instigators? (pageviews: 32985)
- Police: Man, Two Boys Killed In Apparent South Jordan Murder-Suicide (pageviews: 10951)
- Daybreak Community Rocked By Murder-Suicide Involving Young Boys (pageviews: 7272)
- Police: 10-Year-Old Kamas Boy Dies From Gunshot Wound (pageviews: 6208)
- Man Who Defended 7-Eleven From Looters Speaks With KSL (pageviews: 5609)
- Sen. Klobuchar: All 4 Officers Involved In George Floyd's Death Now Face Charges (pageviews: 5316)
- Man, Two Boys Killed In South Jordan Double Murder-Suicide (pageviews: 5040)
- Man, Two Boys Killed In South Jordan Double Murder-Suicide (pageviews: 4951)
- Vegas Officer On Life Support After Attack During Protests (pageviews: 3924)