Salt Lake City Police Investigate Early-Morning Shooting
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating after a victim arrived at a hospital Thursday morning with a gunshot wound, officials said.
Officials said the man arrived at approximately 6:30 a.m. and he is currently in stable condition. Police then went to the area of 1050 S. Redwood Rd., where neighbors said they heard shots fired around 3 a.m.
Authorities locked the area down and are processing it for evidence.
The victim was able to speak to detectives, but police said they don’t think they have the full story yet.
“(We have) no idea who may have shot this person or what the reason was for the shooting,” said SLCPD Det. Greg Wilking.
Police said they are playing catch-up with the investigation since hours passed form the time of the shooting to the time the victim arrived at the hospital.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)